Without much thought this morning, I threw this outfit on:
And the white on white eyelet material reminded me of an iconic outfit in a movie I loved when I was growing up, She's Out of Control, which was released in 1989.
The teen in the movie, Katie, had a majah makeover and was seen walking down the stairs looking like this:
That magic moment is seen at the 5:55 point in this video:
And it made me think of other iconic movie costumes through the years:
Alex Owens, Flashdance, 1983
Blane, Andie and Duckie, Pretty in Pink, 1986
Diane Court, Say Anything, 1989
Vivian Ward, Pretty Woman, 1990
Corey, Empire Records, 1995
Cher Horowitz, Clueless, 1995
Penny Lane, Almost Famous, 2000
Andy Sachs, The Devil Wears Prada, 2006
- ► 2012 (11)
- ► 2011 (19)
- These just need their own post.
- Memoirs of a fashionista
- Das my mum
- Lazy hazy afternoon
- Rachel squared
- Don't mess with dis necklace
- A stroll through Nordstrom
- Easy Being Green
- Work work lunch work
- Das What Obama and Steven Hyde Said
- They want us to watch this, right?
- Hanging in my sister's room slash closet
- Rambling... rambling...
- Hot shtuff, coming through
- She's Out of Control
- Remember this song?
- Adventures in Vintageland
- Oh and p.s.....
- Gettin' warmer...
- ▼ April (20)