Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New kid in the cafeteria...

Hey let's chat. This is me. I live south of Boston.

Contrary to what this picture implies, I don't often frolic through the outdoors with my adoring pets covered in high contrast lighting, and hair that falls coincidentally over my face.

I go out a lot. I find stuff amusing. I like clothes and music, and I just thought I'd share.
So following in the footsteps of a few fashion blogger greats, I tried my hand at thrift store shopping twice this week. Contrary to what you may have heard, amazing 1940s clutches, high-waisted leather shorts to be worn over tights, and unique colorful belts are not awaiting you at your local thrift store.
Instead there are lots of Walmart cast offs, and confusing sweaters. I did find one interesting leather bomber that looked like it was from the 1980s, but it looked better on the hanger than on my person. And I found a pair of 7 For All Mankind jeans, which were small enough to fit the dogs in my picture.
Maybe I'll try thrifting again in a posh area of Boston. Maybe.
'Til then I leave you with this:

This is my new (old) vintage Gucci bag. So far I'm not digging vintage stores, but you can get puppies like this off ebay for under $100. (Good thing long shoulder straps are back in. I couldn't tell when I bought it that the strap was like two feet long.)
And also, if you're looking for a pair of cage heels like the Jessica Simpson ones out now (below on left for $89)









The ones on my feet are pretty much the exact same thing at Forever 21 for $22.80, but they seem to be sold out online. So good luck finding them at the local mall.


I've warn them out in public twice so far, people notice them. Comfort wise, I give them an 8.


'Til my next post, I leave you with a song that never loses it's sparkle for me:

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I laugh at my own Chuck Norris jokes.
"I just thought I'd share..."

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Das What She Said

Follow Moi!